Friday, September 18, 2015

Homecoming week = Jester. . . . . .?




My son is a senior this year so we're trying to make sure each event is memorable and unique.  Rather than running cross country this year, he has opted to do more afterschool activities, which involved being part of a float for the Homecoming parade.  Now, about two weeks ago, he DID tell me he might need a jester hat and he would let me know.  Fast forward to Monday this week, 6:00.  In the AM.  



Me:  Oh hey, you never told me what was going on with the parade.  Do you still need a jester hat?
Son:  mumble-mumble-eye-rub-headshake-zombie breakfast mode
Me: Hey.  Did you hear me?  Do you need that hat or no?
Son:  Oh, yeah.  I do.
Me:  So when is the parade?
Son: This Thursday.
Me:  *sigh*  Ok.

(Insert frantic pattern searching here)

After figuring out the picture in my head didn't quite exactly match anything I could find quickly, and by quickly I meant by lunchtime on Monday when I could run to the store and get the right colors of yarn, I figured out I would need to probably just 'do it' and figure it out as I go along.  Two straight days and nights of working then coming home and knitting and ripping and making notes and erasing and rewriting said notes until 1 in the morning and by Wednesday night at a normal bedtime, we had what the doctor ordered.

The Jester of Intarsia was born.  He was quietly pleased in the manner of a reserved 18 year old.  I, however, am blasting it out everywhere because I'm a spaz.  Enjoy!









No comments:

Post a Comment